There’s a new Borderlands 3 hotfix.
Gearbox has dropped a new Borderlands 3 hotfix to take care of a couple of Bloody Harvest bugs. More specifically, the Captain Haunt boss fight has been adjusted in a few ways.
Gearbox saw that players were skipping phases in that fight because Captain Haunt’s shields weren’t tanky enough. To fix this, his shields have been boosted, but the fight now has a higher chance to drop legendary gear compared to pre-hotfix.
Outside of that fight, Gearbox made a few other tweaks to drop rates. Hecktoplasm should now drop more freqnetly from Ghosts, with up to five Hecktoplasm from Loot Ghosts. Loot Ghosts now drop more loot, too, and more Blood Harvest legendary gear.
As the Bloody Harvest event nears its end (December 5), Terror anointed parts will now drop more from Bloody Harvest enemies, but less from regular enemies. Read on below for the full set of patch notes.
- Increased Captain Haunt’s chance to drop legendary gear.
- Increased Captain Haunt’s shields.
- The Hecktoplasm drop rate from Ghosts has been increased: Ghosts drop two, Badass Ghosts drop three, and Loot Ghosts drop five.
- Loot Ghosts now drop more loot.
- Loot Ghosts have an increased the chance of dropping Bloody Harvest specific legendary gear.
- The chance for Terror anointed parts to drop from regular enemies has been decreased.
- The chance for Terror anointed parts to drop from Bloody Harvest enemies has been increased.
- Anointed enemies are no longer immune to Cryo damage.
- Addressed a reported potential progression blocker for “It’s Alive” with the Abomination bot.
- Addressed a reported potential progression blocker if players quit the game at a certain point in “The Guns of Reliance”.
- Addressed a reported issue that Explosive Gunpowder barrels where not showing effects when shot.
- Explosions created by enemy Badass’ weapons have a much quicker explosion effect to reduce screen clutter.
Later this month, the game will receive the Takedown at Maliwan’s Blacksite mission.